Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sometimes, you just sit.....

Ever have those days, you want to do so much but find yourself to tired to follow through?  Seems like every once in a while, we all get this way. Those are the days I like to just surf the internet and get some inspiration.
Yesterday, here in Texas, it was 80 degrees. Wonderful! But we knew that storm was coming our way and Sunday our temps would  21 or lower. We have had sleet and Thunder along with it. YUCK!! So I want to share some things I have seen on Connie Stewarts site Simply Simple stamping. This is what she called a tea bag box.
It is like the 2-4-6-8 box. You use the Deco label framelit folded over and two holes punched and tied with the awsome silver ribbon that was carried over. You fill it from the bottom. I cant find the video but it is on her You Tube channel, you must find it and watch it.
Now that Valentines is over, I participated in an out of state organized swap. Our theme was Easter.
It is not until April 20th so there is lots of time to do a class or a workshop.
Here is my swap-
Watercolored using the stamp called Blessed Easter (w) only 11.95
 I almost mailed them and forgot to get a photo- sorry about the glare from the translucent envelope.
This was a little tight making it landscape. So I was thinking about it after I mailed the cards and came up with this version the next week-

 Instead of the label framelits, this version is the Deco label framelits. I also turned it landscape style.

Here is a close up of the embossing on the Very Vintage buttons with gold emboss powder. Have you done that before? It is so fun. Just pressed my button on the Versamark pad, carefully dipped into the gold emboss powder and tap off the excess. Placed on a teflon sheet and held it with a Skewer so I could not burn my fingers and heated with my gun. Let cool completely before touching it.
I have decided to do a Class By Mail for this card. You will get the stamp, supplies for 4 cards for $23.
Add postage (5.85) if I have to mail to you. If you are interested, please contact me as I am already placing orders for some customers.
Hope you enjoyed and got some inspiration today. Be sure to check out Connie Stewart on her site and view her videos. She is very inspiring!
Happy Stampin!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment