Sunday, March 20, 2016

Easter Carrot Banner

Happy Easter! We seem to be on the Spring time roller coaster here in Texas lately.
One week it is 80 degrees and the next the nights are back down to 38 and 40 degrees.I planted a few things and they are mixed up as the weather keeps changing.
So last weekend I had seen some cute carrots people were making on the internet.
I thought they would make a  nice banner.

I made mine using tangerine tango and cucumber crush. The strip for the carrot is 3/4 x 6 1/2

scored at 1/2 then 3 1/4 then at the 6" mark down into the center.

The cucumber crush is 3/4 x 6 1/4
scored at 1/2, 1 1/4, 2, 3 1/8, 4 1/4, 5,5 3/4.
I did the same thing-folded in half on the 3 1/8 mark first. Then you can see how to bend back and forth so the last 1/2 is going to insert down into the center of the carrot, I used Mono Glue to hold it all together-
I want to show the back how I attached to the gold baker twine.

I punched a 1/4 circle punch and put some glue on the back of the carrot then placed the circle on top of the bakers twine.

Then I decided I needed some banners-

I used the Little Numbers Framelits and the scallop oval

I had so much fun making it!It is on the front of my cubicle at work for this week-
Then I will bring it home and put on my mantel at home for the weekend.
It got a lot of comments!
I hope you are having fun making some Easter Cards. I will share some later this week that helped my Mother make  to mail out.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment